Company Under Armour, Inc.
Location Albany, NY
Sr. Allocation Analyst (Remote)
Date: Jun 9, 2022
Location: Remote, US
Company: Under Armour
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Under Armour is looking for a talented professional to join the Americas DTC Allocation team. The Sr. Allocation Analyst – MX role is a rare opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing brand and division. Passion, desire, and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates.
The Sr. Allocation Analyst is a key leader on the Under Armour Americas DTC Allocation team, accountable for driving strong business results through successful development, execution, and communication of store sales, inventory, and flow plans to maximize and optimize sales and profitability within overall product/category strategies.
This leadership role is responsible for partnering directly with the Lead, Canada and Mexico Allocation, and owning the Allocation function in Mexico Brand House and Factory House locations. A critical role that leads with operational excellence, the Sr. Allocation Analyst has the in-season responsibility for driving revenue and profitability by owning store inventory levels and maintaining in-stock by article/color/size on-hand in stores across Mexico. This leader is a key strategic partner of Merchandise Planning, Field Leadership, Store Operations, and Channel Merchandising collaborating to develop and execute allocation plans to drive the sales and margin plan while supporting the brand vision in stores. This leader is critical to delivering revenue for the Americas and partnering globally to drive the Allocation vision across regions.
The candidate will also be responsible for owning/participating/driving initiatives or projects to drive our continuous quest for Brand dominance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and implement allocation strategy to improve the in-stock level and increase conversion
• Measure and report on allocation accuracy and in-stock progress to Americas Allocation leadership
• Lead aspects of size selling and size management for Mexico, including analysis, development of approach and tools, execution, publication, and hindsight to inform in-season adjustments and future season investments
• Forecast in-season sales, receipts, and inventory flow and inform planning and merchandising of trends and revenue opportunities/risks
• Influence strategic initiatives through the communication of store inventory expertise
• Develop and provide store flow forecasts to supply chain for DH, transportation, and logistics planning
• Manage article-level flow plans to identify and react to trends to ensure that product vision and plan are executed through optimized store allocation across BH and FH locations across Mexico
• Provide support to the Lead, Canada and Mexico Allocation to build the strategic roadmap for financial store planning in conjunction with business planning counterparts.
• Lead initiatives to enhance current procedures and systems for allocation and replenishment and establish best practices
• Communicate store opportunities to cross-functional retail teams – merchandising, planning, store operations, and field management
• Collaborate with the merchandising, planning, distribution, and store operations teams on future business growth
• Partner globally to drive best in class allocation and replenishment standards and results
• Monitor weekly business execution to ensure excellence in allocation and replenishment. Provide direction and feedback to Allocation Analysts as needed
• Foster and develop advanced analytical skills at the Allocator level, helping the team learn to manage-up findings and propose action plans.
• Mentor and train Allocation Analysts by developing best practices and establishing a training prog
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Strong allocation systems background is a must
• Proven analytical skills and strong understanding of retail math concepts and financial acumen, including but not limited to inventory productivity measures such as W.O.H., W.O.S, sell-thru, builds, in-stock rates
• Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data; with the ability to synthesize information and translate it into effective and actionable insights.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver results within timelines
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication and the ability to present information in a clear, concise, and complete manner
• Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative, and collaborative attitude
• Experience establishing and scaling processes across teams
• Sense of urgency and accuracy
• Ability to lead a project and influence non-direct reports
• Ability to proactively problem-solve and recommend solutions to various stakeholders
• Ability to independently analyze complex problems and make appropriate recommendations
• Flexibility to shift focus and priorities at a moment’s notice
• Ability to manage through conflict resolution
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs
Education And / Or Experience
• BS/BA degree in business or related field
• Retail Allocation experience of 3-5 years including experience with advanced Allocation and Replenishment methods required
• Advanced Excel skills imperative
• Prior Buying or Merchandise Planning experience helpful
This position is remote#LI-REMOTE
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here .