Company Aston Carter
Location Fontana, CA
Regional Accommodation Consultant (RAC)
HR Specialist III
We believe that every day is still day one. We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team build a best-in-class professional services program to deliver leave of absence, disability, and accommodation services to Amazon employees, applicants, job seekers, and candidates globally, this is your chance to make history by joining our team. DLS provides services 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to assist employees as they go through qualifying life events.
The US Regional Accommodation Consultant (RAC) serves as a liaison between business lines, the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team, outsourced vendor partners, and employees. The RAC provides individual case management for sensitive accommodation and disability life events. The individual manages all aspects of accommodations, leave of absence, and disability including the development and implementation of regional processes and procedures to achieve optimal employee productivity and experience.
The RAC is experienced in answering questions related to ADA, understanding the employee’s situation, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paving the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. The individual in this role must possess self-management skills, a desire to share knowledge, and an ability to translate business needs and goals into human resource capabilities, producing favorable results for the company and employees. The individual will be a subject matter expert for accommodation related matters. This individual has a proven ability to communicate, analyze and critically think, along with a customer service focus that employees and program stakeholders expect from Amazon
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
· 5+ years of progressive HR experience that includes ADA/FMLA administration, partnership with legal teams, and evidence of strong relationship management skills
· Pursue return-to-work management and collaboration with leave case managers and disability vendors to ensure effective administration of the program
· Provide consultation and coaching regarding accommodation matters to designated regional HR partners, managers and employees
· Provide information, referral, and support to employees with medical conditions or disabilities (both occupational and non-occupational), supervisors, Human Resources, and other partners at an escalated level to support Amazon’s employee retention efforts
· Operate as an advocate for the accommodations process by providing ongoing consultative support to site stakeholders and accommodation specialists with a focus on problem-solving and creative solutions
· Facilitate escalated communication between stakeholders, employees with disabilities, as well as Leave of absence, STD, LTD and Workers Compensation, stakeholders
· Coordinate with DLS Management and Legal on escalated issues as appropriate
· Manage sensitive cases such as Behavioral Health conditions
· Assist Human Resources and department supervisors in identifying essential and marginal functions of employee positions
· Conduct job site analyses as needed
· Assist employees in understanding their restrictions and limitations and their legal rights and responsibilities
· Maintain strict confidentiality in verbal and written communications
· Maintain knowledge on legislation and national, state and local issues affecting access for employees with disabilities
· Document and maintain up-to-date case records and notes of appropriate and accurate information on the computer database
· Assess business unit’s training needs and/or group training sessions as appropriate
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.